For some unexplained reason, the holiday season vents a warm feeling inside, urging me to share my blessings and recognize the people who encouraged me to do my best this year. As a form of gratitude, I’d like to say “Thank you”, as a simple gesture of appreciation to the people I care for and to the community that contributed to making the year a remarkable one. It’s a day before Christmas and I would like to take this chance to thank everyone who made my year super outstanding.
I recently flew with AirAsia for my very first adventure in Taipei last November, taking the inaugural flight from Cebu to the City of Azaleas. The other day, I came across the AirAsia Philippines’ “From our hearts to yours, #Thank You” video on Facebook, and I was inspirited to further fill the air with the soul of gratitude, hence this blogpost of “Thank you Christmas” – a list of who I am grateful to this 2016.
Thank You Christmas
Posted by Facebook on December 24, 2016
Here’s a list of five that I’d acknowledge for making 2016 one of the best years.
1. Nine years and counting, iLearners Inc. has been supporting rural literacy, and I am thrilled to share that the team have been assisting in the learning development of an average of 350 pupils yearly since 2007. The success of this young nonprofit organization wouldn’t be possible with the continued support of great friends who tirelessly back the organization’s aims. To Lui Balbuena, Marco Paulo Diala and Dave Feril Bargamento who are constant in attending charity activities, from the preparations to the actual outreach events, to our legal adviser, Atty. Ethelbert Ouano for the inputs and recommendations, to our mentor Bong Abella for the guidance and inspiration, to the new comers Cyrus Tejam and Dan Sinadjin for being proactive, and to all iLearners members who believe that in our own little ways, together we can make a difference .
2. I have been a contributor for Cebu Daily News, Cebu’s only independent Newspaper, since 2010 and the publication has not only improved my writing skills (thanks to our editors Mimi Lijauco and Niza Mariñas) but also granted me an awesome extended family! Thank you Siloy Family! <3
3. #iLuvCebuInstameet was founded with the goal of giving means for iLuvCebu online community to converge and share best social media practices. Running two (2) years in 2017, #iLuvCebuInstameet does not only advocate on the positive use of social media, but also spreads awareness on certain global issues like environment consciousness. And big thanks to the readers of two of my blogs iLuvCebu.com and Doyzkie.com, which I fondly call my #iLuvCebuInstameet Family, for the support and being responsible social media advocates as well.
4. Cebu Fashion Bloggers‘ growing family of trustworthy online influencers continues to be one of my blogging inspiration. To fellow admin heads Marco Paul Diala, Toni Pino-Oca and Jean Yu, big hugs to you guys. And to fellow CFB members, great job!
5. For most of us, we turn to our friends to cheer us up when we are troubled or unhappy, and I am thankful for the Lablabs and my bestfriend in keeping me sane when everything’s about to crumble down.
Lui Balbuena, Noelle Dotillos, Reymond & Edd Buenaviaje, Marco Diala, Ethelbert Ouano, Kristine Roa, Dave Feril and Jeemah Villaverde collectively labeled as Lablabs are my small circle of friends that has been through several ups and down, yet we have been there, sticking out for for each other. You might be wondering what Lablabs mean, well it’s just a cutie patootie term for “Loves.” Teehee.
I’ve known Marilou since elementary years, but it was in college that we became real close. I used to bully her in college, but now the tables have turned, and she’s now the super saiyan of bullies. haha. To my beshie and travel buddy, Merry Christmas!
6. My family who keeps me sharp, specially to my brothers, Reymond and Edd. Love you guys! <3
And of course, to God for all the opportunities and the successes this year. Advance happy birthday, Jesus!
AirAsia has sparked the culture of gratitude this Christmas Season, and it’s a great reminder for everyone that a simple “Thank you” can go a long way in making the yuletide season a bit more warmer. And not just that, to make Christmas merrier, spread the attitude of gratitude and you might win for yourself travel tickets to a destination of your choice, plus pocket money! More details on how to qualify and where to submit your entry here: COMCOGlobal+AirAsia.
Great News, AirAsia #ThankYou Blogging Contest is extended until January 6, 2017! So if you haven’t passed your entry yet, then you still can catch up!