With low-cost airlines offering direct routes from Cebu to Taipei, we can now easily book affordable flights to Taiwan and conveniently explore this beautiful destination. But first things first, do you know how to secure a visa for Taiwan in Cebu? And yes, Filipinos are required to get one.
But if you have a valid US, Canada, Japan, UK, EU Schengen, Australia, or New Zealand Visa, all you need is to apply for a Travel Authorization Certificate a week up to a month before your trip. Make sure all the information you input is correct to avoid any problems. Once approved, print out the certificate. Both the Travel Authorization Certificate print out and US/Canada/Japan/UK/Eu Schengen/ Australia/ New Zealand visa are to be presented when you check-in and enter Taiwan.
If you don’t have any of the travel visas mentioned above, then you may apply for a Taiwan Tourist Visa in Cebu, through an agency. But before going to a travel agency, be sure to secure all the requirements to prevent you from coming back and forth. I also suggest that after you have gathered the requirements, call your travel agency for an appointment, and to make sure that you have not missed on any of the required documents.
Here’s a list of the Taiwan Tourist Visa requirements :
1. Visa Application Form – Fill it out online HERE. And since you’ll be applying through an agency, You’ll need these information: Travel Agency Name, Address and Telephone Number. I have listed two of my recommended travel agencies below for your convenience, just in case you don’t have any travel agency in mind yet.
2. Two pieces Passport Sized colored photo (1.5″ x 2″) with white background – a recent photo, taken within the last three months
3. Original Passport – should be valid for at least 6 months before the planned travel date.
4. Previous Passports – proof of previous travels
5. Birth Certificate issued by NSO – you may request for one online HERE.
6. Marriage Certificate issued by NSO – you may request for one online HERE.
7. Certificate of Employment. Should indicating salary and length of stay in company
8. Original Bank Certificate
9. One photocopy of each of the above requirements
Here are two of recommended travel agencies in Cebu that will gladly help you with the processing of your Taiwan Tourist Visa.
(A.) First United Travel, Inc
ADDRESS: Unit 118 The QC Pavilion Gorordo Avenue Lahug Cebu City
Operating hours: MON TO FRI 8:30 – 6:30 SAT: 9:00 – 12:00NN
TEL #: 032 2661841/2668816
Taiwan Tourist Visa Application Fee: Single Entry: 4,000 Multiple Entry: 6,400
(B.) iTRAVEL iEXPLORE Tours & Services
Address: Door 1 YMCA Arcade Osmena Boulevard Cebu City
Operating hours m-f : 9am-530pm, sat 9am-12nn
Tel number 032.236.5253
Taiwan Tourist Visa Application Fee: Single & Multiple Entry:Php3,750.00
But in case, you are in Manila, you may apply at:
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the Philippines
41F Tower 1 RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue,
Makati City 1200
Got your Taiwan Tourist Visa? Awesome! Check out some cool Taiwan destinations here:
Around Taipei in 50-hours